NEBOSH IGC & NEBOSH Certifications
International recognized Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Training and Professional Certifications
NEBOSH IGC Course Details. The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is an UK based Board found in 1979, provides a numerous education program in which NEBOSH IGC is the most admired and wanted course by a number of people and HSE professionals.
Assessment Type Assessment Time
Question Papers(IGC 1) 2 hours
Practical Assessment(IGC 2) 3 hours
About the NEBOSH course
NEBOSH International General Certificate is a globally recognized health and safety qualification intended for companies or individuals working to international standards with regards to Health, Safety & Environment. This course focuses on the International Labor Standards (ILO) codes of practice. Upon successful completion of the certificate, delegates can apply for a membership with Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and/or International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) as its qualification meets the academic requirements for Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the IIRSM.
Unit IG 1: Management of Health and Safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety.
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like.
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes.
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring.
Unit IG 2: Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health.
- Musculoskeletal health.
- Chemical and biological agents.
- General workplace issues.
- Work equipment.
- Unit IG1 is assessed by a two-hour written examination.
- Unit IG2 is assessed by a three hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace).