NEBOSH IGC UK
OTHM INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA LEVEL 6 IN OHS-UK
IOSH is popular because of its short-term courses that it gives to all participants, as less time and money is invested in this course every industry prefer such courses need to be taken in their organisation.
- Module -1: Introducing managing safely
- Module-2: Assessing risks.
- Module -3: Controlling risks.
- Module -4: Understanding responsibilities.
- Module -5: Understanding hazards.
- Module -6: Investigating incidents.
- Module -7: Measuring performance.
Who Should Attend
- IOSH Managing Safely is an ideal course for any individual in a supervisory or management position to understand why and how to manage safety within their organization effectively.
- 2. IOSH Managing Safely takes participants through the essential steps in effective health and safety management, from identifying and assessing risks and developing control methodologies, to understanding personal and corporate responsibilities.
- 3. The course also includes vital information on the importance of incident investigations and how to conduct an investigation, to identify the root causes of incidents to reduce the risk of repeating similar incidents.
- 4. IOSH Managing Safety provides critical information on how to set leading and positive performance goals and track success against these to drive positive health and safety culture within organizations.
The course includes relevant videos and written course material. Delivery of the course involves significant amounts of group discussion and small group work, with participants expected to feed back their assessments to the wider group for discussion.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Implement risk assessment methods to identify and rank health and safety risks within their business
- Develop controls to reduce or mitigate these risks to minimize business exposure
- Understand both personal and corporate responsibilities relating to health and safety
- Have an understanding of how to investigate incidents to reduce the likelihood of reoccurrence.
- Develop methods of measuring performance against health and safety targets.
- IOSH Managing Safely is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organization worldwide. The course provides the knowledge, skills and tools to tackle the safety and health issues that they’re responsible for.
- Importantly, Managing Safely makes a powerful case for safety and health being an integral part of day-to-day management and business.
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment and risk ranking
- Health and safety critical control selection and implementation
- Incident investigation tools
- Performance measurement
Successful participants are awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
INTRODUCTION TO NEBOSH IG COURSE:
NEBOSH IG is an International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
NEBOSH International General Certificate is the introduction to outset perfectly adequate health and safety professional Qualification to enter in to the safety domain.
The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is an UK based Board found in 1979, provides a numerous education program in which NEBOSH IG is the most admired and wanted course by a number of people and HSE professionals.
ABOUT THE COURSE:
NEBOSH International General Certificate is a globally recognized health and safety qualification intended for companies or individuals working to international standards with regards to Health, Safety & Environment. This course focuses on the International Labor Standards (ILO) codes of practice. Upon successful completion of the certificate, delegates can apply for a membership with Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and/or International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) as its qualification meets the academic requirements for Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH and Associate membership (AIIRSM) of the IIRSM.
WHAT IS NEBOSH COURSE FOR?
People all over the world go for NEBOSH International General (Nebosh IG course) Certificate because it gives them the skills and know-how to fulfil their health and safety responsibilities in any country and in any kind of organization. You will get Nebosh syllabus study material by us.
This course is for anyone who is seeking to enhance their knowledge of health and safety through an internationally accredited qualification with Nebosh Certification. The NEBOSH Certification is designed for people from all industry sectors who seek to embark on a career in health & safety and for current health & safety practitioners who are looking to further develop their skills and competencies while gaining a formal, internationally recognized Nebosh course qualification.
NEBOSH A QUICK OVERVIEW
- Awarding Body: National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Recommended: Managers, supervisors and employee representativesRecommended: Managers, supervisors and employee representatives
- Legislation: Globally
- Duration: 96 Hours (12 days)
- Study: Part time Evening Class and Full time
- Examination: 1 x Online Exam (IG1), plus 1 x Practical Inspection Report (IG 2)
- Schedule: Available annually in the months of March / June / September / December and Based on request also.
- Course Unit modules: 2
- Membership: TechIOSH, AIIRSM
- Progression: NEBOSH International
Key Topics Covered
- International standards for health and safety at work
- Implementation of health and safety management systems
- dentification of workplace hazards
- Methods of hazard control
- Practical application of knowledge and understanding
NEBOSH IG SYLLABUS
IG-1: MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
|DAY 01||Element -1||Why We Should Manage Workplace Health & Safety|
|DAY 02||Element -2||How Health & Safety Management Systems Work and What They Look Like|
|DAY 03||Element -3||Managing Risk – Understanding People and Processes|
|DAY 04||Element -4||Health & Safety Monitoring and Measuring|
IG-2: PRACTICAL RISK ASSESSMENT
|DAY 05||Element -5||Physical & Psychological Health|
|DAY 06||Element -6||Musculoskeletal Health|
|DAY 07||Element -7||Chemical & Biological Agents|
|DAY 08||Element -8||General Workplace Issues|
|DAY 09||Element -9||Work Equipment|
|DAY 10||Element -10||Fire|
|DAY 11||Element -11||Electricity|
NEBOSH IG contains 2 units in which 1 unit are of theories which will be conducted by the NEBOSH through online. The 2nd unit is practical assessment and it should be submitted to the NEBOSH course provider.
- UNIT 1 IG 1 (Open Book Exam-Online)
- UNIT 2 IG 2 (Practical Assessment)
IG 1: MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
This NEBOSH IG 1 unit covers the basic foundation of health and safety, the first and foremost thing is to PLAN, how and what should be done, the second thing is to DO, is what should be i implemented according to the plan, the third thing is to CHECK, the plan executed efficiently or not. The final thing is to ACT, whether the previous steps are been followed properly. This paper provides the full awareness about safety, health and management.
THIS PAPER CONTAINS 4 ELEMENTS:
- Why we should manage workplace health and Safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
IG 2: RISK PROFILING:
This NEBOSH IG 2 unit involves in the concept of hazard and its types in various field. Hazards
may be of electricity, chemical, Mining, Ergonomics, Physical, Psychological etc. and its tackling
methods to overcome them which contains 7 major elements which are as follows,
- Physical and psychological health.
- Musculoskeletal health./li>
- Chemical and biological agents.
- General workplace issues.
- Work equipment.
COURSE DURATION: 96 Hours
- Open Book Exam with Close Meeting
- Practical Assessment Submission
IG 1: MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
Our Tutors use the Virtual platform to support students around the world. Our messaging system and support forums are an excellent way to engage, where our tutors can provide expert support.
The Level 6 qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety are developed to provide learners who have, or are looking to develop into, a senior role in an organisation with responsibilities for managing health and safety policy and practice. Learners will gain the skills and knowledge to understand the legal and regulatory background to occupational health and safety policy, to be able to assess policies, as well as to recommend and implement policy changes. Learners will develop knowledge and skills relevant to putting policy into practice, utilizing management systems, resources, risk and incident management, leadership, management and skills development.
M2Y refers OTHM Qualifications are approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation). Visit register of Regulated Qualifications.
IOSH has approved for accreditation the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety. Students successfully completing this qualification, will be eligible to apply for Graduate level of membership Grad IOSH.
OTHM has progression arrangement with several UK universities that acknowledges the ability of learners after studying Level 3-7 qualifications to be considered for advanced entry into corresponding degree year/top-up and Master’s/top-up programmes.
M2Y refers OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 6 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent level to Bachelor’s Degrees with Honours, Bachelor’s Degrees, Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates.
The Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety consists of 07 mandatory units.
- UNIT 1: Health & Safety Management Principles and Policy
- UNIT 2: Health & Safety Management Practice.
- UNIT 3:Risk & Incident Management.
- UNIT 4:Promoting a Positive Health and Safety Culture.
- UNIT 5: Maintaining a Safe Workplace Environment.
- UNIT 6:Health & Safety Law, Regulation and Influence.
- UNIT 7:Development of the Health & Safety Practitioner.
DURATION: 180 Days
OVERALL GRADING TYPE : PASS / FAIL
ASSESSMENT METHODS: ASSIGNMENT ALONG WITH PORTFOLIO OF EVIDENCE.
Entry Requirements: Bachelor degree (or) NQF/QCF/RQF IN LEVEL 3 & relevant field experience in health & safety…
Successful completion of Level 6 Occupational Health and Safety qualification provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills to be competent in a range of Occupational Health and Safety roles.
As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into relevant master’s degree programmes.
Individuals who achieve the qualification will be eligible to apply for Graduate level of membership Grad IOSH.
Those eligible for Graduate membership can then undertake a period of Initial Professional Development which will require students to provide evidence of their practice skills in a skills development portfolio (IPD). At the end of this period there will be a professional review interview.
After successful completion of this IPD process student will then be eligible for Chartered membership of IOSH (CMIOSH).