An entry-level certification, the NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work, examines health and safety risk management at work and the procedure to be utilized for reducing health and safety risks brought on by workplace hazards.
This certification has been created to help employees or volunteers who manage workplace hazards and conduct risk assessments confidently pinpoint reasonable and proportional safety measures to reduce risks at the workplace. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Great Britain’s health and safety regulator, and NEBOSH collaborated to design the curriculum and workbook, which is based on HSE guidelines that has been publicized.
On completion of the course, learners will:
- Recognize that risk management is not an administrative fill exercise, but rather involves taking proactive measures to shield individuals from actual harm and suffering.
- Recognize the resources that may be utilized to help you discover hazards that may need to be controlled.
- Utilize straightforward HSE tools and techniques to competently manage risk in a low- to medium-risk environment.
- Consider hazards in a reasonable and balanced manner.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anybody managing risks to employee health and safety at work, including those who do risk assessments. Employers, managers, supervisors, SHE champions, union representatives, and health and safety officers will find the information to be of particular value.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award can help you to:
- Reduce incident and workplace injuries, as well as the resulting absences and lost time
- Promote increased staff awareness of health and safety
- Increase worker engagement and safety culture
- Ensure higher compliance with the organization’s safety regulations.
- Defend the company from reputational harm brought on by health and safety issues.
BENEFITS FOR LEARNER
A foundational credential, the NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work was created in collaboration with the Health and Safety Executive, the United Kingdom’s health and safety control organization (HSE). It is organized on HSE’s strategy for reducing risks brought on by workplace hazards.
You will learn how to:
- Understand the hazards and some of the services that can assist.
- Utilizing basic HSE procedures, evaluate hazards in low- to medium-risk areas
- Evaluate risks in a proportionate and sensible manner
- Identify suitable control measures.
This qualification will help you:
- Develop simple, practical techniques to control workplace hazards that every organization needs.
- Increase your self-confidence in your risk assessment ability.
- As soon as you get returned to work, start making your workplace a safer and healthier environment.
LENGTH OF COURSE
This certification is expected to be administered over the course of only one day (depending on the mode of study).
QUALIFICATION KEY FEATURES :
After completing the course, you will be asked to complete a workplace health and safety review which:
- Examines the management of health and safety and suggests improvements.
- determines how hazards can be decreased and how to control health and safety issues.
- Select the most important issue for improvement.
This evaluation, which is completed in the workplace and is intended to measure your ability to apply what you have learned, may immediately benefit your company. Within 20 working days of the certification of the successful unit, you will receive a qualification parchment if you pass.